APPLICATION FOR GHANA PASSPORTS
Applicants, Guarantors and Witnesses are to note that the making of a false statement for the purpose of procuring a passport is an offence under Section 15 of the Passport and Travel Certificate Decree (NLC 155, 11967) of the Republic of Ghana.
Where it is not possible to prosecute such persons in a criminal court because they live outside Ghana, such persons shall be disqualified from holding or acquiring a Ghana passport, and any passport already issued to them shall be withdrawn and confiscated. They may also be arrested and dealt with under Ghana law anytime they attempt to enter Ghana.
- Application forms must be duly completed from section 1 through 15. Section 15 – Witness Section should also be completed by a Ghanaian (please refer to passport application form for categories of persons who can act as witness). Both Canadian and Ghanaian addresses are required in each section.
- If an applicant is less than 18 years, the Parents/Guardians must complete Section 13, date and sign the Form.
- If an adult applicant who cannot read or write request that the Form be completed on his/her behalf, Section 14 must be completed by the said person.
- Right Thumb Print of ALL Applicants is to be imprinted on the Form at N°16. Four passport size (see guidelines) photographs must be attached. The photographs should be endorsed at the back by the studio and dated.
- Please attach the old passport which will be duly cancelled and returned together with the new one. The Processing Fee is $220.00, made payable by Bankers Draft or Postal Money Order to Ghana High Commission, Ottawa. Passport Application Forms (whether downloaded or obtained from the Ghana High Commission or Consulate) are $30.00 each.
Please allow six to eight weeks for the processing of your new passport.
REPLACEMENT OF LOST OR DAMAGED PASSPORTS
An applicant for a replacement passport must duly complete a passport application form and return it with four passport size photos, birth certificate, police report, Medical Card, Landed Immigrant Document and Driver’s License (if any).
Applications for the replacement of lost or damaged passport ATTRACT A PENALTY PROCESSING FEE (please refer to the guidelines) made payable by Bankers Draft or Postal Money Order to Ghana High Commission, Ottawa.
Applicants in this category will be invited to the Mission for an interview in order for the Mission to satisfy itself that they are bona fide Ghanaian nationals. Applicants are kindly requested to call the Mission to schedule appointments for interviews.
ACQUISITION OF PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM
The Passport Application Form is obtainable from the Ghana High Commission in Ottawa or the Ghana Consulate in Toronto or from the Mission’s website. Prospective applicants who live outside the locations indicated above and wish to purchase the form can send money order of $250 per form to the GHANA HIGH COMMISSION IN OTTAWA or THE CONSULATE IN TORONTO with a note requesting for the Passport Application Form. Include a pre-paid self-addressed and traceable return envelope.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM SAMPLE (Refer to guidelines for fee changes)